2. We use the terms "we," "us," "CyParks.Com" and “CyParks” because that is who we are and who owns and operates the Site.
The types of personal information we collect:
4. We collect certain personally identifiable information from visitors and users of our website.
5. User names, member names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, blogs, photos, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, tax information, support queries, forum comments (if applicable), and content you direct us to make available on our Sites (such as item descriptors) are among the most common types of information we collect. Personal information from job applications will also be collected (such as, your CV, the application form itself, cover letter and interview notes).
How we collect personal information:
6. We gather personal information directly from you when you offer it to us, automatically as you browse through the Sites, or indirectly from others when you utilize Sites-related services.
7. When you complete membership registration, buy or offer things or services on our Sites, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, give feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a correspondence, we collect your personal information.
8. We have a legitimate interest in authenticating the identity of our authors as operators of digital content markets. Knowing who our authors are, we believe, will improve the integrity of our markets by eliminating fraud, making authors more accountable for their work, and allowing CyParks.Com and customers to enforce contracts for authors who break the rules. In certain cases, CyParks.Com is also bound by legal duties that need us to know who our authors are. As a result, if you are an author, we will ask you to show us a Photo ID document to verify your identity, including your name, full address, and date of birth. The verification procedure is called CyParks Verify. We will perform the verification. You will be requested to snap a selfie as part of the CyParks Verify process, which will be matched to your Photo ID document using facial recognition technology. We will only utilize your Photo ID document to complete CyParks Verify process or a third party identity verification service providers. After you've completed this step, we delete it.
We obtain personal information about you from third parties.
9. We collect personal information about you from you directly most of the time, but we do collect some kinds of personal information about you from other sources on occasion. Specifically:
1. Financial and/or transaction details from payment providers in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Nigeria in order to complete a transaction;
2. third-party service providers in the United States or the United Kingdom (such as Google or Facebook) who may provide information about you when you link, connect, or login to your account with the third-party provider and they send us information such as your registration. The information varies and is controlled by that service provider, or as authorized by you via that service provider's privacy settings; and
3. other third-party sources/and or partners from the United States, or the United Kingdom, whereby we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data or fraud detection information, and combine it with information we already have about you. Fraud warnings from service providers such as identity verification services, for example. We also receive information about you and your activities on and off the CyParks.Com platform from our partner ad networks, as well as information about your experiences and interactions. Our third-party authors also provide us with information about you as a rights holder.
What we do with your personal information
We will use your personal information in the following ways:
1. To carry out a contract or take steps in connection with a contract, such as facilitating and processing transactions on the Site, such as when you buy anything from our marketplace.
2. Where it is necessary for purposes that are in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of third parties. Among these are:
1. Operating the Site;
2. Providing you with services described on the Site;
3. Verifying your identification when you sign in to our website;
4. Responding to support tickets and assisting in the resolution of any disputes;
5. Informing you about operational news and information regarding our Site and services, such as changes to our Site, website outages, or security upgrades;
6. Doing technological study to see how we might improve our Site and services;
7. Monitoring activities on the Site, for example, to detect potentially fraudulent behavior and ensure compliance with the Site’s user conditions;
8. Maintaining our connection with you, such as by responding to your comments or questions posted on the Site, or by soliciting your opinion or deciding whether or not to participate in a survey;
9. Overseeing our legal and operational concerns (including risk management for content and fraud);
10. Educating CyParks employees on how to effectively serve our users;
11. Providing general administrative and performance functions and activities;
13. Verifying your identity by comparing a selfie taken by you against your Photo ID document using facial recognition technology (as is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims); and
14. Processing your job application to CyParks.Com.
Where you grant us your permission:
1. Providing you with marketing information about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you; and
2. Customizing our services and website, such as advertising that appears on the Site – where cookies or similar technologies are used – to create a more personalized experience.
3. For the objectives of complying with the law.
4. In order to respond to demands from the government, a court, or law enforcement officials conducting an investigation.
When we share your personal information with others
We'll share your personal information with the following people:
1. Companies in the CyParks.Com group based in Nigeria, UK, and the United States;
2. If applicable, authors of any items or services made available to you, in order to facilitate support and license validation, who may be based in any of the countries where our products are available;
3. If applicable, authors of any items or services made available to you, in order to facilitate support and license validation, who may be based in any of the countries where our products are available;
3. Subcontractors and service providers who assist us with the ways we use personal information (as described above), including website hosting providers in the United States, and the United Kingdom; technical and customer support services in India, the United Kingdom, and the United States; and recruitment agencies in Nigeria, Canada, India, the United Kingdom, and the United States. It's worth noting that our subcontractors and service providers may also send and access such data from other countries where they do business.
4. Our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers, and others) in the United Kingdom, and the United States;
5. Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
6. A purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or business, and their professional advisers in connection with the purchase;
Where do we send and/or store your personal data?
12. Because we are situated in Nigeria, your information will be processed in those countries. Some of the recipients we have described in section 10 above, and to whom we disclose your personal information, are based in places like Canada, India, UK, the US, India and Columbia. We do this on the basis of this policy. To protect your information, we collaborate with subcontractors and service providers who, in our opinion, maintain an adequate level of data security compliance.
How do we keep your personal data safe?
13. We keep personal information on secure servers that we and our service providers manage, as well as hard copy files held in a safe place in Nigeria, and the United States. Security and access measures, such as login and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption, are in place to secure personal information that we store or transfer.
How can you get access to your personal data?
14. By logging into your account, you can see some of the personal information we collect about you. You also have the right to request access to other personal information we store about you, as well as to have any errors in that data corrected. You can also terminate your account with us at any. To make a request for access or correction, please contact us here.
Your personal information and marketing choices
15. We send you marketing communications via email about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you when we have your consent (for example, if you have subscribed to one of our email lists or indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us). If you do not want to receive similar communications in the future, you may ‘opt-out' by utilizing the “unsubscribe” function given in the communication itself.
18. When you visit our Sites, we collect certain information about you that is normally anonymous and does not identify your identity. If you're connected into your account, some of this data may be linked to your account. Details like these are what we're talking about:
1. Your IP address or proxy server IP address;
2. The domain name you requested;
3. Depending on the configuration of your ISP connection, the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured;
4. The date and time of your visit to the website;
5. The length of your session;
6. The pages you have accessed;
7. The number of times you access our site within any month;
8. The file UR
20. Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 16, so if you are under 16, please do not use them or provide us with any personal information (if you are a young computer prodigy, please have a responsible adult use the Site on your behalf!). You can view the Site if you are 16 to 18 years old, but you must be supervised by a parent or guardian to become a registered user. Parents or guardians are responsible for monitoring their children's use of our Sites.
You can make information public or provide it to others.
How long will we keep your personal data?
When will this policy need to be updated?
23. We will need to update this policy from time to time to ensure that it reflects the most recent regulatory requirements as well as any changes in our privacy management practices.
24. If we make any modifications to the policy, we'll make sure to contact you as soon as possible. This page will always have a copy of the most recent version of this policy.
How to get in touch with us
25. Please contact our privacy champion here in writing if you have any issues regarding our privacy practices or how we have been managing your personal information.
These rights also apply to you if you are a user or visitor in the European Economic Area:
1. We are a "data controller" of your personal information for the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the "GDPR").
How do you get access to your personal data?
2. You have the right to request that we send your personal information to you in a structured, frequently used, and machine-readable format, that we erase it, or that we restrict its processing. You also have the right to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling for direct marketing purposes, and to withdraw your permission where we have requested for your agreement to process your data, as more extensively stated below.
3. In some cases, these rights are limited — for example, if we can show that processing your personal information is required by law. In some cases, this implies that even if you withdraw your consent, we may keep some data.
4. Where we need your personal information to comply with legal or contractual duties, providing such data is required: if such data is not provided, we will be unable to manage our contractual relationship with you or meet our obligations. The input of required personal information is optional in all other instances.
5. If your issues are unanswered, you have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authorities. The data protection authority responsible for the alleged infringement will be the data protection authority in the following countries: (i) your habitual residence; (ii) your place of work; or (iii) the country in which you believe the alleged infringement occurred.